[AT] PTO shaft grease?

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Sun Nov 22 18:49:04 PST 2020

Mike,

If you don’t have shields part of your problem may be dirt working it’s way into the grease. That can also allow for moisture retention, resulting in more rust. You may want to consider making some type of shield out of PVC pipe that you can use to cover both pieces. Two different size pieces that fit together and slide like an actual shield can be fitted over the drive shaft and secured in place. You could even glue end caps with the correct size hole cut in them to essentially enclose the drive shaft and still allow proper movement. As an alternative, maybe a piece of metal vent pipe could be used to provide a cover.

Carl