[AT] OT, old implements and plasma cutters

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Tue May 19 06:53:45 PDT 2020

Warren,

If the shaft is bent or twisted you can check it with a straight edge, it’ll be quite obvious which case you’re dealing with. Check all four sides of the shaft.

If bent, get out the sledge hammer and persuade it back to straight. If you have access to a hydraulic press or hydraulic pipe bender, that is the easiest way to go.

If twisted, two pipe wrenches, a couple of long extensions, and two burly guys can untwist it in a couple of days. Or, with the shaft connected to the PTO, the PTO engaged and the tractor in gear (not running of course), one pipe wrench, one extension, and one determined guy.

Good luck!

Carl