[AT] trailer deck

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu May 14 17:28:53 PDT 2020

The formula  I used on my trailer floor  was
Turpentine 1 qt
Boiled Linseed Oil 1 qt
Pine Tar 1/2 pt
Japan Drier 1/2 pt

It was expensive, but I did not want something that would  be sticky or
catch a lot of dirt.  After 2 years it still beads up water and I can
lay on it while working on a tractor or truck.  It was an $11K trailer,
so I decided to take care of it.  Probably the only one I will ever buy
like it.  It has a hydraulic tail that can pick up 10K and carry 4K, and
the rest of the deck can carry 25K.  It also has hydraulic jacks that
can raise up the back of the truck if I have to change a flat.  I
ordered the turpentine from some place in Georgia.  It was the clearest
stuff I ever saw and smelled great.  The pine tar was the original
Stockholm pine tar, not the stuff tractor supply sells. It could pass
for medicinal use it was so good smelling.  I got the rest at the local
hardware store.   The weather caught up with me and the last coat I put
on it was about 30 minutes before a rain.  I still have a quart of the
Turpentine, I used it on a calf the other day for a cut he got from a
Longhorn..  It didn't appear to burn like I thought it would...  Sorry I
Cecil