[AT] trailer deck

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Wed May 13 20:36:37 PDT 2020

You have gotten lots of great responses, so I don’t have much to add here.  Here’s a few thoughts on sawmill lumber.

One - if you go oak don’t use red oak. Use white oak.  WAY outlasts red oak.

Two:  plywood  is too slick if you happen to be loading equipment (or even walking on it!) in the rain. Rough sawn lumber has the texture required for traction even when wet.    Beats pressure treated lumber in that regard too

Three - Craigslist can be a source for sawmill lumber.

Four - Oak can add a lot of weight so factor that into carrying capacity of such a lightweight  trailer frame.

Best of luck!

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone