[AT] Project Updates '49 A, '51 A, and '47 B (STEVE ALLEN)

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Mon May 11 07:14:18 PDT 2020

Steve,

Just had a thought, is the rotor rotating if you crank the engine? Remove the distributor cap and crank the engine over while watching the rotor. If it doesn’t rotate, you have a mechanical issue somewhere between the timing gears and the rotating magnet that generates the magnetic field. Again, I’m not familiar with your tractor, so I don’t know exactly how your magneto is designed and works. I’m only guessing that it works like all other magnetos that I’ve worked with.

Don’t think you have a timing issue, since you should get a spark at some point, even if the timing is off.

Carl