[AT] spring tooth harrows

Aaron Dickinson a_dickinson at att.net
Tue May 5 06:57:31 PDT 2020

Your use is the same as years past in our part of Michigan breaking up and leveling the soil. Plow, disk, drag (spring tooth harrow) was the typical order of operation for seedbed prep. Today it is rare to see a moldboard plow, chisel plows are still in use around here followed by a soil finisher which is one piece of equipment which contains multiple harrow components, disk couler, spring tines, sweeps, rolling baskets, spike tooth harrows. Then if you start talking about vertical tillage, some of that combines the whole plow, disk, drag, with one piece of equipment. Minimal till or no till doesn’t move the soil around, no breaking up or leveling required.