[AT] haybine roller repair

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon May 4 05:10:27 PDT 2020

Does this roller have rubber teeth, or it is rubber coated steel?  I
have run several older crimpers that had a lot of the rubber gone, but
they still worked fine.  My Owatonna swather that I used just 4 days ago
cutting wheat, has steel teeth.  It is made by welding several sections
of formed channel into a roller.  I cut wheat on Thursday, and on
Saturday it was at 14% moisture. The former owner of my swather baled
over 400 acres of alfalfa every year for the last 20 years with these
swathers and crimpers.
Cecil