[AT] '49 A and '51 A Updates and a New Start: the '47 B (deanvp)

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at gmail.com
Fri May 1 18:28:29 PDT 2020

> On May 1, 2020, at 8:12 AM, Mark Johnson <markjohnson100 at centurylink.net> wrote:
>
> I've had the throttle yanked closed on my gas (push) lawnmower, by trees and brush, more times than I can count. Most of the time, it's just a momentary blip; occasionally if I'm in heavy cutting at the same time, it'll kill it.

The worst I had was on my Cub Cadet zero turn mower, a tree branch caught the brake and yanked it on. The brakes engage in the hydrostatic drives of the machine, and on the left side it engaged the brake instantly, and sheared off the input shaft of the pump side of the hydrostatic drive.

That was expensive to get the parts to rebuild the hydrostatic drive unit!

Roger