[AT] Covid-19 Quarantine tractor project

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Fri May 1 17:31:01 PDT 2020

I was raised with all IH equipment and all tractors we ever had,
starting with a 1952 Farmall Super C, read the current going into the
battery, not the generator output. Once the battery was charged after
starting, the only time the ammeter moved was if the lights were on and
you idled the engine down to where the generator could not keep up. If
you were working at normal speed the meter never changed. The one thing
different from what is being talked about is that all of our tractors
had the fully automatic voltage regulators; none had the cutout type
regulator which may be wired different. The only issue we have had with
reverse readings was a couple of tractors we changed to 12 volts and
were negative ground requiring us to reverse the wiring.
         Greg Hass