[AT] spring tooth harrows

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon May 4 20:25:45 PDT 2020

For you "older" guys, why did you run spring tooth harrows? What
implement replaced/obsoleted them? I've got one, haven't used it in 20
years. Not sure it ever did anything but burn fuel.  When I was a
teenager we would run a section harrow behind the offset disc harrow if
we were trying to break up clods, level furrows, knock the dirt off
roots, etc. Just wondering what good a spring tooth harrow was/is. Yes I
know it will choke up in trashy ground, and pull hard if you set the
teeth way down.

John Hall