[AT] haybine roller repair

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun May 3 19:16:04 PDT 2020

Anyone here ever successfully repaired any rubber covered
rollers--specifically ones on a hay conditioner? Seeing some cracks,
loose areas, and even a chunk or two missing out of the ones on my New
Holland haybine. The machine isn't worth sending them off to have
recovered. Looking for any repair methods that actually work that I can
do here. I've had things such as FlexSeal, bed liner paint, vulcanizing
cement suggested. Wonder if the vulcanizing cement would be the best,
especially on sealing up some cracks. McMaster carries some urethane
casting compounds, wonder how that would work?

If you have any ideas, toss them out there.

Thanks,
John Hall