[AT] Exponential growth frustration

STEVE ALLEN steveallen855 at centurytel.net
Sun Mar 29 14:56:59 PDT 2020

Ya know, Dean, at this point in my life, I not only allow for the possibility that my memory plays me false, I live in the expectation that it will ;-)

So I took a good look at the '51 and then dug into the shed to look at the '48.  Sure enough, they *are* the same.  I just have not actually looked at the operation in so long that I was mis-interpreting what I was seeing.  I am glad you spoke up!  I'd a' looked mighty stupid trying to start the '51 using the throttle backward :-/

In very minor mitigation, I will note that the '51 is missing the post and spring that the throttle lever engages as it approaches the stop, so something *is* different, but I can see where the post broke off, so the modification was not factory but oops-ory.  I suppose that its absence will not fundamentally mess up the operation.

The plugs and wires are new--or near enough as no matter--so I guess they will work.  I'm more concerned about some brush or stalks knocking the connection apart than I am getting zapped.  But any change there is so far down on the list I suspect it will be my grandson--assuming either of my boys ever have kids--that will get a round tuit.

I couldn't delay the inevitable first grass cutting today, so no time to work on the tractor.  and all the brush I need to hog is turning green . . . .  GRRRRR!

The "original" Steve Allen