[AT] Better build a bigger shed

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 10:19:34 PDT 2020

> On Mar 29, 2020, at 11:57 AM, Dave Maynard <dave at themaplehillfarm.com> wrote:
>
> If 100 tractor manufacturers made 50,000 tractors per year, it would take 200 years for them to make a billion of them....lol

I don’t have time to research this very far, but did find this snippet on WikiPedia for the brand of tractors I know best - I used to work for the Fiat tractor distributor in New Zealand back in the 1970s-80s

In 1977, Fiat's output since its origins exceeded 1,200,000 tractors.[28]

Their origin was 1919, so in 58 years they built 1,200,000 tractors. that is 1/833th of a billion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Trattori

Roger