[AT] The list is really quiet

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Mar 25 06:57:41 PDT 2020

Well, the Cat 944 loader would have more traction, the 2-105 White could
be hooked up to the batwing mower and used, that batwing takes an hour
to hook up.. , the 825 Belarus would not have the cracks in the tires,
the TS110 would have rear tires with some more tread.  The 613 Cat
Scraper could be used and I could get some dirt work done.  The 613 has
rock treads on the tractor and the bowl tires don't match by almost 6
inches.  Trying to lay down a lift of fill is a pain..  then my new Cat
112 Grader could be used it needs all 6 mounted.  Actually that is 18
large tires, then I need to change out 4 rear tires on the grain truck,
and the low boy needs 6, 4 are mounted and 2 are still needing to be
mounted....   Most of this has to be done outside, just too messy
inside.  By the time the area dries out to be able to work, we have one
day before another rain.  I was reading a weather discussion on the
Texas and Southwest Cattle Raisers website. They discussed the
difference between above normal precipitation and above normal
precipitation events.  We are predicted to have above normal precip and
above normal temp.  This means an increased incidence of severe weather
and also more days interrupted due to rainfall events.  It really plays
havoc with hay production.  Everything has to be ready and when a 5 day
window appears, then after the 3rd day we have to jump in and cut and
bale the next day..  No time for a breakdown.....    The severe weather
here in tornado alley means that we spend 1/2 day getting things locked
down waiting on the threat to pass then digging things back out to
work....  And also spending the next month or year getting things back
in place after one hits....
Cecil