[AT] The list is really quiet

deanvp at att.net deanvp at att.net
Mon Mar 23 17:47:24 PDT 2020

Our challenge right now is whether to head back to WA state or stay here in
AZ.  WA state is getting hit really hard with COVID-19 and our children are
telling us to stay here.  AZ has on had 2 deaths and 234 cases but local
media is saying that those numbers are probably quite low due to a low
amount of tests due to a shortage of test kits and test facilities.  We are
on the Eastern edge of the Phoenix metropolitan area,  in fact are in the
next county East, Pinal County a mile East of the Maricopa/Pinal County line
so we are not in heavily populated area fortunately.  And the population
density is decreasing daily as the snowbirds head back home. Canadian
snowbirds have to be back in Canada by April 3rd, I believe, because their
health insurance will not cover them for COVID-19 after that in the US.

We have a few good reasons to head back home such as a 5 acre lawn that
needs to be mowed but more importantly getting back home close to family in
case there is a need that shows up. One of our daughters is very vulnerable
because her immune system is very low due to the oral cancer preventative
drugs she is on daily,  That is known as being between a rock and a hard
place. So we struggle daily about whether to head back to WA or stay here.
Right now staying in AZ is winning.

Tomorrow I put all my tractor toys away into storage for the summer.
Thankfully in a residential, fully enclosed, covered and secure car garage.
A neighbor of my friend of mine here in AZ who allows me to work on my
tractors at his place during the winter. Any further show activity here in
AZ has been cancelled. I purchased the 1935 JD B in December of last year on
the basis that it could be stored where it was. I won't go into that long
story about why that didn't happen. I really should have a place of my own
that has room before owning a tractor here in AZ.  But... sh... happens. I
may have to sell it next year to avoid wearing out my welcome.  But to be
honest the tractor stuff is pretty darned low on the priority list right
now.

Both my wife and I have what we believe to be Sinus Colds/Allergies but
remain fully active, etc.  It is really scary to get those kinds of symptoms
right now.  But ....  we will see what happens next.  Stay healthy out
there.

Dean VP
Apache Junction, AZ

-----