[AT] JD Distributor vs. Magneto - NOW: Let the Resurrection Begin!

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Wed Mar 18 06:51:52 PDT 2020

Steve,

One more thought on the adjuster, don’t be afraid to give the adjuster a good rap on its end with a decent sized hammer/mallet. You’re trying to break the rust between two parts and a good couple of hits can help to fracture any rust. That’s why running an impact wrench back and forth can speed up getting a bolt to turn out. The hammering of the impact wrench helps cause the rust to fracture.

Once you get it to start moving keep running it in and out, just like tapping a hole, until it turns freely. You may run into a point where it will bind again, just run it back in and add some more penetrating oil an then run it out again.

Good luck.

Carl