[AT] New old truck

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Mar 15 05:55:31 PDT 2020

The PO told me that he had been told by an "authority"that it was a 409,
but when I drove it home, it did not have the power of a 409.  I took a
good look and it has to be a 366, it also has a 2bbl carb, so that is
part of the reason for its gutless performance.   It probably will get a
350 with a 9.5:1 or higher compression as I will run it on propane.   My
IHC Loadstar is on propane only.  I earlier thought it would need a
bigger tank than the 40 gallon one it has, as I make a 70 mile drive
between farms.  It gets at least 12mpg on propane!!  I was really
surprised...

Cecil