[AT] New old truck

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Mar 12 18:40:56 PDT 2020

I found Rock Auto has a lot of old stuff available.   Fooled me.    I
was looking at their catalog last night and found kingpin and bushings
for the old 66 C60  And at reasonable prices...  I ordered a lot of
suspension parts for my 98 Chevy C85 from them last year.  The biggest
gripe I have with Rock Auto is that sometimes on a larger order it will
come from 3 or more warehouses and there is a shipping and handling
charge for each one.  They have some warehouse liquidation buys that are
really cheap and high quality...  Here is a link to that IHC water pump
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/international,1973,1210,5.6l+345cid+v8,1409756,cooling+system,water+pump,2208
   I have on old 75 3/4 ton 4x4 IHC that had a 304 but I had a 345 in a
1 ton and swapped them.  I also swapped the power steering box to the
3/4 also..

Here in OK if we don't tag a vehicle in 2 years it costs over $300 to
tag it.  It used to be $0.25/day up to the price of the tag then double
tag for the penalty and they only went back 2 years.   For an old truck
or car, it would run no more than $100. Then the state got broke and
greedy and it went to over $300 depending on what tag agency figures
it...  `We can put a black sticker on the tag that means it will not be
used and no penalty will accrue.   I have a bunch of old trucks that
have black tags because the mandatory insurance law would just break the
budget. It is $27.50 for a black tag sticker.  To insure a 2 ton or
larger farm truck is about $50/yr on a farm fleet use.  In OK every
vehicle on the road must be insured.  In Arkansas, a farmer can buy a
liability policy for about $300/yr that covers him driving any vehicle
he gets into.  OK is run by the oil patch and the insurance lobby, so we
don't have a chance to save on insurance....

Rambling again....
Cecil