[AT] Green Farmall Cub

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Mon Mar 2 21:23:31 PST 2020

I don't know how well this transfers to what they did with tractors, but the color for the common International model M stationary engines that showed up in my neck of the woods was green, quite a bit darker than Deere green.  When I started playing with such in my early teens, about 1960, Rustoleum had an implement paint called International Green that I used on such projects.  From what I could tell at the time the color was about the same as used on Fairbanks Morse and Hercules engines and I used the same paint on them, too.  The knowledge base of correct engine paint has been greatly refined and well documented since then.  If I ever get back to restoring engines I'll have better information to work with.

Bill Brueck
   Pine Island, MN, USA