[AT] Green Farmall Cub

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 16:18:16 PST 2020

In recent years I have been seeing a number of pink tractors (and no I
don't drink) many of them very nicely done including decals etc.
One of the two McCormick 10-20's my father bought after WW-II was painted
green, maybe with a mop.  :-) During the depression and WW-II proper paint
was often not affordable or unavailable and people used leftover stuff to
paint machinery etc. That 10-20 may have matched his house or maybe he
might have wanted it to look like a John Deere D.  :-)  In the 1940's and
early 1950's even cars and trucks were often brush painted. Some looked
quite nice... and some didn't.  :-)
When Case IH came to be I recall someone displaying a Case SC Painted IHC
colors (wasn't very tidy) at the Indiana State Fair.

.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 6:45 PM Howard Pletcher <hrpletch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've heard IH would paint tractors any color you ordered and I've seen
>> other green Farmalls supposedly from the factory.  For trucks, it was a
>> rather nominal fee for special colors, don't know about tractors.   Here's
>> a 966 at Red Power Roundup 2009 that was supposedly green from the
>> factory.  The owner wanted it to match his other tractors.
>>
>> Howard
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 6:13 PM <szabelski at wildblue.net> wrote:
>>
>>> OK, I know that there were white Farmalls that were used for demos at
>>> various dealerships, but did they ever paint them green for any reason???
>>>
>>> I’m in the process of rebuilding my Cub and just about everywhere I look
>>> there is green paint under a couple of coats of red. I’ve never heard of a
>>> green Farmall being built for any reason.
>>>
>>> The green is deep in the crevices and it doesn’t look like it was
>>> painted green over red at any time. I don’t think they used green primer.
>>>
>>> Any ideas or thoughts?
>>>
>>> Carl

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"