[AT] What was that salvage tractor?

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 14:04:05 PST 2020

You are right, that is not a fifties sight... In the 1950's some farmer
would have that load on a home-made trailer made out of an old front axle
from a mid 1930's passenger car. One axle, 2 tires that were probably 30
years old mounted on wood spoke wheels and a frame made of some old
salvaged floor joist beefed up with Model T Ford frame rails. That wooden
tongue might have been a bit weak but it worked fine with the horses
pulling the sickle mower.  :-)  :-)  :-)

.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA