[AT] Two variations of Standard diesel used in Fergusons

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 2 21:43:56 PST 2020

-So Thomas, are the 20C and 23C the two variations of Standard diesel engines you mention?

Standard Vanguard 80mm and 85mm 4-Cyl Petrol or Kero Engine
Standard Vanguard 20C 4-Cylinder Diesel Engine ​
Standard Vanguard 87mm 4-Cyl Petrol ​
Standard Vanguard 23C 4-Cyl Diesel Engine

I had been unaware that the 23C had been used in TO35s assembled in Detroit until this thread came along.

My understanding is that Standard started out assembling TE20s using Continental Z120 engines and that Standard then used the Z120 as the starting point for their engine. What is your understanding?