[AT] Rivets and rivet countersink

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 2 06:57:46 PST 2020

I had a contact who had retired from the former Detroit axle facility of chrysler. He made the point that that facility had an extremely wide range of manufacturing processes, including bonding brake linings to shoes.

Cecil Bearden AT List member, Oklahoma farmer, and Professional Engineer (crbearden at copper.net); Just an afterthought.  Most brake shoes are bonded.  A heat curing glue is used to glue the shoe to the lining.  If you can find the glue the rivets would hold the lining on until the glue would set.  I have a brake shoe oven, bought long ago at a Chrysler dealership that started out as a blacksmith shop in the late 1800's.  However, the glue can was empty and no label.