[AT] OT - Any HVAC people on here

bloomis at charter.net bloomis at charter.net
Wed Jun 24 14:31:00 PDT 2020

When I did heat and air in the 80s I worked for a Day and Night dealer. Good units. Came off the same line as Bryant and Payne units. Did a week long school at the factory that was in The City of Industry. Carrier shot themselves in the foot in the later years when they took their parts in house and basically told dealers to piss off. As Carl’s link shows, the current Day and Night brand is NOT really the same Carrier units as years past. None of those brands, under the ICP or whatever it is were high on the hit parade of quality, ‘contractor’ lines. Tract house jobs. But then again, I’ve been out of the business as even a tech for a long while so who knows. Carrier recently went back as an independent company, out from under the UTC umbrella. Hopefully that will help return them to the leader they always were. I was sold on Mitsubishi mini-splits but with the recent advent of branding with Trane I’m not so sure anymore. Again, they are all a crap shoot. Like cars, some are better than others and you can get the perfect one or the real lemon. Glad my home is done for what should be the duration of my breathing.