[AT] OT - Any HVAC people on here

bradloomis at charter.net bradloomis at charter.net
Tue Jun 23 05:53:51 PDT 2020

Just as a point or reference, when we remodeled 7 years ago, no plaster, no stucco remodel, I went from forced air to three Mitsubishi mini split heat pumps. Our house would have been a mess to duct. But this gets me zoning and air conditioning, a rarity on the coast but sure nice. There are zoned systems now that all run off one outdoor unit. There is your efficiency. Yes more money but all your energy goes into the house and not the attic. I would think Michigan is not much different than California in that the ductwork has to be tested for leaks prior to commissioning. You would be amazed at the percentage of loss via ductwork, especially if it is more than a few years old. Yes natural gas is cheap, but more and more communities are pushing for all electric homes. Coming full circle, I remember the all-electric new homes of the 60s. I’ll still cook on gas, thank you.