[AT] Poison Ivy

Dave Maynard dave at themaplehillfarm.com
Thu Jun 18 15:08:15 PDT 2020

Hi guys. Try crushing the stem of Jewelweed and rub on your poison ivy when
you get, or even if you think you've been in it. It works pretty good and
grows in a lot of shady area, and a lot of times near poison ivy. Also
called "Touch Me Not" . It has small star shaped flowers when maturing in
yellow or red/orange and if you touch the seed pods, they spring open and
go flying by your ear! We use it here all the time mostly on grandkids that
dont recognize poison ivy. It effectively takes the itch away from mosquito
bites too. Indians used it, as well as boiling the bark of sycamore trees
and using the liquid for poison ivy relief. Good luck, let me know how it
works for you if you try it.

Dave Maynard
The Maple Hill Farm
Marion, NY