[AT] Poison Ivy

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:23:42 PDT 2020

> On Jun 15, 2020, at 1:38 PM, Mike M <meulenms at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> My wife has cost them a ton of money over the past two years after having complications from having a benign tumor removed. I have a feeling that plays a part it their decision. I think her bill is north of 150K now.

I started kidney dialysis on 10 March. I am doing haemodialysis at home, so had a month of training before starting in at home.

The bill for the first month was over $120,000. Each time I went to the clinic for 4 hours for training and have dialysis done was $6,976.

Now I’m doing it at home, each day I do it is $5,700 - 20 times a month is $114,000, plus about $33,000 for drugs used during dialysis.

Of all those vast sums of money, I paid $756 the first month, and $186 the second month. Insurance paid about 10% of the rest of the bill, and the other almost 90% just gets written off.

Sheesh!!!!!

Roger