[AT] Enormous grain wagon

ustonThomas Mehrkam tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 8 06:06:12 PDT 2020

 It would make a great yard ornament if you had a huge front yard. Hook it up to the 720 during a holiday session put Santa in the drivers seat and fake presents in the back. :-}   Other than that it is just too darn big!
Speaking of big Agriculture:
I use to work for Electric Sorting Machines. One machine I designed was in field tomato sorters.  They were used in California for canning tomatoes. A 18 wheeler pulling a big trailer drove beside the harvester.  The tomatoes were harvested, machine sorted, sorted by hand on a conveyor by about 10 farm workers.  Good fruit went directly into a big trailer behind the truck bad fruit went back on the ground. Cut the labor by more than 50%.
In the cannery we had a tomato sorter that would sort the tomatoes again. The tomatoes were transported in a flume of water onto an inclined conveyors made out of rollers.  We used a video camera to look at the tomatoes they were rotated.  Looked all around the fruit.  A computer tracked individual tomatoes and kept track of defects on each tomato.  The fruit would drop off the end of the convener and the bad ones would be removed by a blast of air.  The good ones dropped into another flume of water. This was in the 80's .  I wonder what they have by now?