[AT] While we are OT on Refrigerators. Now really OT - Hyundai

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Jun 7 11:24:29 PDT 2020

I remember those 100K mile car days.  Dad &I would buy our pickups at OK
wildlife department sales and government sales.  We would buy ones with
bad engines or maybe a transmission.  I worked on both..  We stuck to
Chevrolet. It seemed like these trucks would have an engine problem at
around 70K miles...   I could rebuild a 350 chevy engine for less than
$100.  $200 when I started balancing them.  I know of 4 engines I
rebuilt that had over 350K miles on them when the pickup either got
wrecked or just was rusted out.  2 of those engines are in grain trucks
that run during wheat harvest and wheat sowing time...   Later on, we
bought a couple of rebuilt engines,  and I ended up rebuilding both
before 15K miles.  One got me stuck in Springfield IL when a reground
hydraulic lifter came apart and bent a push rod.  I replaced the push
rod in the motel parking lot and went on to Chicago to pick up a milling
machine and back to OKC...
Cecil