[AT] Enormous grain wagon

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 04:37:41 PDT 2020

Here’s one that was in the field out behind our house in November 2009. The combine is on tracks, with drive wheels at the rear, the bin is on tracks, and the IH tractor pulling the bin was a big articulated tractor with 2 wheels at each corner.

The field was very wet, and this was a very late harvest. They left quite the mess in the field - ruts 8-10” deep in places.

At one stage they got the bin and tractor stuck, and so came back with a big tracked Case tractor to pull that out.

A few more pictures of this day here

http://lisaandroger.com/2009/11/corn-harvest/

Then 3 weeks later, after the ruts had filled with water and then frozen, they came back to cultivate the field

http://lisaandroger.com/2009/12/farming-in-michigan/

Cheers from West Michigan

Roger