[AT] getting ready for harvest

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Jun 3 17:14:53 PDT 2020

I fired up the old 66 Chevrolet C60 w/ the 22ft bed & hoist today.  It
had set for 3 months since I bought it and drove it home from the farm
auction.  I have a chance to get some Triticale at a good price from a
friend about 75mi away.  The old 366 fired right up after turning over
about 4 times.  After it ran about 30 minutes, I could hear a spark
jumping.  The plug wires are all over the place someone installed a set
of universal wires and never cut them to fit.  I started to look up
points plugs wires and cap and rotor, like I used to tune one up and hit
a dead end. I know the points are the same for it as a 350 in the 70's,
but the price of points is ridiculous.  A set of universal wires is only
$16, and it needs some wire holders to keep the wires off the valve
covers.  So I think I will get a new set of wires and wire holders and
let the rest go as it starts easy hot or cold, and it needs a lot of TLC
everywhere else...  The cab is in fair shape, not rusted out.  For a 54
year old truck it is in pretty good shape.

I am going to haul the truck the 75mi. rather than take a chance on the
tires and everything else I am not familiar with..   My old 74 IHC would
make the trip, but It has about 80 bushels of wheat on it and I would
rather get about 350bu to sow this year.  My friend will haul it back
loaded on his semi low boy trailer...
Cecil