[AT] Good tractor day, finally

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Sun Jul 19 06:48:46 PDT 2020

A few years before I retired, we created a simulation room where we could run the CAD models and create a virtual 3-D model of whatever we were working on. We could walk around things to see if there was sufficient room for proper movement, and stick our hands down into areas to verify that we could reach things and get tools into spaces. Our Human Factors and Maintenance groups used it a lot to verify that all military requirements were met. The military loved it since they could see what they were going to be getting faster than waiting for the prototypes to be built, and a lot better than just looking at CAD models.

The only thing we couldn’t do was sit in any of the seats, they didn’t really support a lot of weight!. But we didn’t have to worry about hitting our heads or shins on anything either. 😜 🤪

Carl