[AT] OT Modern Deere 5090e

John Slavin chaunceyjb at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 25 13:24:22 PDT 2020

This is Off topic, but the list is a little slow, so I hope you won’t mind.  I’ve been looking a bit for a new or newish Deere, with a little under a hundred horse.  I know that they make the E, M and R series, with E being the Economy, M the midrange and the R series the premier grade.  The dealer salesman told me the E series has a lot fewer sensors and they have a lot fewer problems with them.  This would be a tractor I would use for general purpose around the farm, including blading the road in the winter, brushhoging the road banks, some big bale hauling, and light farm work, and I would hope would last me a long time.  I’m looking at the 5090E. I looked at the 5075E, but the cab is just enough smaller that it’s uncomfortable for me.  And a cab is one thing I want when I’m clearing the road patch in the winter.  Anybody have any experience with the 5090E or 5100E?

John S.