[AT] tractor hauler a pain to install headlights.

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 02:27:34 PST 2020

No argument Steve!  I was quite surprised how easy the bulb change went on
the Subie.  My daily driver, not so much.  I have a "low end"  2014 BMW X1,
no HID headlights, no sport wheel package, no nav, no leather, etc etc.
(Not to mention VW gave me a pile of cash to give them back my TDI, so I
turned around and handed it to those other Germans).  I wasn't real happy
with the headlights (maybe just my advancing age, or maybe they didn't
sweat the details) so I installed high-output bulbs.  I had to use a
mirror, a bent coathanger, and a couple choice words to complete the task.
I'm sure the typical clientele brings it to the dealer and shrugs at the
bill.  The high-output bulbs have shorter life so I get to do it all again
in a couple years.  I must say they did the trick, though.

SO