[AT] OT robot apple pickers

Brian VanDragt bvandragt at comcast.net
Mon Jan 13 12:48:13 PST 2020

My Grandpa was a fruit farmer here in southwest Michigan until the mid 70's.  He had migrant workers from Arkansas, and during WWII, German POW's picking fruit.  What killed the apple industry here was that cheaper transportation brought Washington apples to our markets (Chicago). The WA apples look nicer, but don't taste as good, but people buy them based on looks.  I still have the John Deere AO that he bought new in 1952.

Brian