[AT] OT robot apple pickers

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 13 05:05:45 PST 2020

Carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, chilis. I used to know a fellow with a family connection to both Flanders and Mexico who for a time was a chill farmer near Hatch, New Mexico. I wonder if I could get his take on mechanical chili harvesters.

http://www.pikrite.com/harvesters/

Upstream of El Paso, both sides of the Rio Grande are in the US. Pecans are grown and shakers are used. I can't remember if the shakers mount on tractors or telehandlers.

Bradford AT List Member (bloomis at charter.net); A few? I've seen countless gondolas headed to Hunts in Fullerton where the entirety of the load are green. I haven't purchased or eaten a store bought tomato unless they are heirlooms in years. Commercial tomatoes are tasteless garbage. They don't grow well as close to the coast as I am, not enough heat, otherwise of course a garden.

James AT List Member (jamesgpeck at hotmail.com); If you are making ketchup, a few green ones do not matter.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tomato+harvesting+machinery+in+action&view=detail&mid=1C4A6ACFA709EC0951151C4A6ACFA709EC095115&FORM=VIRE