[AT] Deere foundry and Muskegon sand

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 13 04:47:28 PST 2020

This link verifies that the Agco high horsepower tractors assembled in Jackson, MN, use Finnish made engines. I presume the engine blocks are cast thereabouts.

https://www.assemblymag.com/articles/93996-assembly-plant-of-the-year-agco-leads-the-field-with-lean-technology

I had not known that Agco was assembling compact and utility tractors at assembly plants in Edgewood, MD; Houston; and Tacoma, WA. Are any of those castings being made in North America?

This Deere foundry is 40 years old. Tractors that contain early castings from this foundry are now antique.

https://www.farm-equipment.com/articles/john-deere-completes-150-million-modernization-of-foundry

This is a UAW represented facility.

They are talking about big castings.

I once sat on a plane next to a man from Muskegon. He said that the sand in Muskegon lent itself to being used for casting. Continental was in Muskegon and made engines for Ferguson, Massey Harris, and others.