[AT] Gearbox help

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Tue Jan 7 16:38:33 PST 2020

Probably more than you want to pay , but Northern Tool has a few direct
mount to PTO pumps. Unfortunately, they range from $500 to $700. Just
something to add to the mix. The roller chain idea might work if oiled
enough. One thing I can say WON,T work is v-belts. My brother tried that
on the pump that ran the fan on his corn planter. Smoked the belts and
burned the paint off the pulleys in a minute and a half. He was trying
to increase the 540 pto speed to the 1000 rpm that the pump he had was.
Ended up getting a 540 pump that ran directly off the pto.
           Greg Hass