[AT] OT - unsecured servers

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 6 06:00:06 PST 2020

I saw a notice that Microsoft had set a date not too far in the future to stop issuing security updates for Win 7.  I have a laptop that needs a keyboard replacement that is being used with an external keyboard that is on Win 7. It may be upgradeable to 8.

I replaced a keyboard this weekend on my only Win 10 machine.

We have had list members recommend Linux. Sounds like a big step to me.

Phil Auten Texas AT List member (pga2 at basicisp.net); The biggest problem I have with all browsers is that they have quit supporting any version of Windows older than Windows7. Both of my laptops are running older versions of Windows, one on XP SP3 and the other on Vista SP2. I am looking at converting them both to Linux.