[AT] For tech-weary Midwest farmers, 40-year-old tractors now a hot commodity - StarTribune.com now 70's tech suppport

deanvp at att.net deanvp at att.net
Sat Jan 11 17:27:13 PST 2020

Tech support in the 70's. See attached

Dean VP

Apache junction, AZ

From: AT <at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com> On Behalf Of Mike M
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2020 3:26 PM
To: at at lists.antique-tractor.com
Subject: Re: [AT] For tech-weary Midwest farmers, 40-year-old tractors now a
hot commodity - StarTribune.com

John Deere, is biting themselves in the a** with this move farmers need to
be able to fix their own stuff. On vacation now in the Florida keys, and
managed to run into a farmer that farms around 1500 acres in Illinois. His
favorite tractor is a 1979 John Deere 4440.  Their new stuff just turns him
off. With 4900 hours on it I'd say he's about 1/2 way through to a rebuild.
Does everything he needs it to do and no computer crap.

Mike M

On 1/11/2020 2:46 PM, bradloomis at charter.net <mailto:bradloomis at charter.net>