[AT] Chamberlain Super 90

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 3 08:43:43 PST 2020

I now have a copy of "Australian Tractors Indigenous Tractors and Self-propelled Machines in Rural Australia" by Graeme Quick. The book claims the average Australian farm has three or more tractors. It does include photos of those wide horizontally opposed engines.

	`
This book says Bert is Bob's dad.
Could A. W. Chamberlain be Albert (Bert) W. Chamberlain?

https://en.wikipdia.org/wiki/Chamberlain_Tractors

Wikipedia says one model used an Australian made Diesel engine.

 John (JV) Maddock  Down Under AT List member  (agtronixjv at southcom.com.au); Nothing - apart from what is written in the link I provided!

"Chamberlain was make of tractors manufactured in Australia by Chamberlain Industries. The company was started in 1949 by a tractor engineer Bert Chamberlain. The American firm of John Deere bought a stake in the company in 1970 with John Deere eventually taking control. In 1986, production of Chamberlain John Deere tractors was ended. "

 Jams AT List Member (jamesgpeck at hotmail.com);   Th article says Bob. What can you tell us about Bert? A. W. and  Chamberlain and Sons built the Super 90.

 John (JV) Maddock  Down Under AT List member  (agtronixjv at southcom.com.au); Hmm.. Bob Chamberlain or Bert?

 Earlier models used a twin cylinder horizontally opposed engine.

 https://tractors.fandom.com/wiki/Chambrlain_Industris

 James AT List Member (jamesgpeck at hotmail.com); Since Deere bought  Chamberlain we can call it a Deere predecessor  brand. I wonder how  much hearing loss those Detroit Diesel 3 cylinder  2 strokes are  responsible for.

 http://chambrlainsupr90.wbly.com/