[AT] Looking for a Cub part

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 1 08:19:25 PST 2020

Steiner sent me the January 2020 catalog. It lists a replacement front wheel I was looking for.

Brice Adams AT List Member  (brice.adams at gmail.com) ; https://www.steinertractor.com/IHS763-Distributor-Dust-Cover

Doug Tallman AT List Member (dtallman at accnorwalk.com); Do you have a TSC or farm store close?  D

Phil Auten Texas AT List member (pga2 at basicisp.net);  I am working on getting my '48 Cub running and have a very weak to nonexistent spark. All clues point to the breaker points in the  distributor. I removed the distributor cap and found that the  points/condenser have a Bakelite cover over them. That cover would not  come out, even after baking in an oven at 185° for a while. In trying  to remove it, I destroyed it. If anyone has one, I will pay whatever  you think is fair plus shipping. There is no real hurry, I just don't want to put the distributor back together "incomplete". I did find the  points had some corrosion, but it cleaned right up with the  alcohol/dollar bill trick (thanks to whomever mentioned that here many  years ago). I no longer have an IH dealer locally, nearest one is in  the Bryan/College Station area or I would just go get one. According  to my I&T manual, the Cub used the same distributor as the A, B and C.