[AT] Supposedly why our old tractors are not metric and a fairly simple tutorial

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Feb 24 16:00:51 PST 2020

Tom:

That copper bar was suspect to me also, for the simple fact that brass,
a compound of copper will expand & contract with heat and cold.  One of
our old sayings it "Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass
monkey".  A monkey was the holder sort of shaped like a hand for
cannonball on a ship.   They were made of brass. At exceptionally cold
temps, the metal would contract and the balls would fall off the
monkey..   So came the saying to describe the weather....    Kinda like
colder than a well diggers butt in Utah....   One of my dad's old sayings...
Cecil