[AT] Using shipping containers for tractor storage

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Feb 14 06:39:59 PST 2020

In Oklahoma, the power company will run 660 ft of overhead primary line
to a transformer then up to 60 ft to the meter pole, free of charge.
Our Electric coop will go farther depending on the projected usage.   We
put the disconnect on the meter pole and run feeder lines to each
building from the pole.  That way in case of a fire, if a well is
connected, it still operates to assist on fire suppression.  Each
building has a disconnect or safety switch.  Again in case of fire or
storm damage, the power can be shut off to the affected building or area
and still operate the rest.  It works great for when you get too busy or
old to get things fixed quickly.    Here, our water system distribution
on the farm is being done the same way.
Cecil