[AT] Using shipping containers for tractor storage

Carl Gogol cgogol1971 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 14:39:52 PST 2020

Thanks all for the quick container replies-

Richard and others – Does putting a truss roof and a rear wall change the taxing status from personal property to real property?  I am trying to find a  piece of land near Williamsburg VA, but finding I can’t just put a garage on it.  A garage is an accessory structure so not allowed unless there is a residence.  We are now living in the South for about five months a year and a dearly miss my old iron hobby.  Don’t want to leave the place we have, but there is no reasonable way to play  iron in this neighborhood.  I am assuming and quite sure that the local zoning doesn’t disallow containers in A-1 property, but roofing a pair might make it dicey – Opinions?