[AT] Using shipping containers for tractor storage

bloomis at charter.net bloomis at charter.net
Wed Feb 12 14:34:46 PST 2020

Our shop at the winery is two with one wall cut out of each and joined by a built up floor about 18” wide between them. As someone stated a trussed hip roof was put over the whole works. It houses all the power tools, hand tools and spares for this little winery, about the  smallest in the stable of the big company. It has power and lights and an office so it functions. Cold in winter however, no heat. Last place I was at we used them for infrequent parts storage. The are indeed pretty water tight and mostly rodent tight, unless it is in a field as that one was and the doors get left open. It looked a lot like what Richard’s does but no lights. I also rented one at a ‘storage’ yard while remodeling our house and it leaked as the roof had rusted out. Probably too many years at sea then the coastal town.

Bradford