[AT] Batteries charged backwards.

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 06:38:27 PST 2020

I've got a battery in my Blazer that had been sitting and was completely
dead; it was relatively new before I parked it for several years. It would
not take a charge so I purposely charged it backwards, bled it dead with a
resistive load (light bulb), charged it with correct polarity and put it
back in service. It's been starting and running the truck fine in daily
service for about 4 months so far. I don't hope it'll be perfect but it's
nice to get whatever life I can out of it at this point.

Your mileage will vary. I've had successes and failures with this method
but it sometimes works.

Ken in AZ