[AT] Ford Motives

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 7 08:54:07 PST 2020

Some years ago Hydraulics and Pneumatics magazine, then published in Cleveland, credited Harry Ferguson with being the "Father" of Industrial Hydraulics. Once I switched to online subscription, I seldom get around to reading H&P.

Henty Ford Community College in Dearborn was credited with being one of the first institutions to offer a Hydraulics program. Ford itself eliminated Hydraulics as a distinct maintenance trade some time back which caused that program to fade.

John (JV) Maddock  Down Under AT List member  (agtronixjv at southcom.com.au); Hmm.. don't think so James.  Must have been a different JM! I would never rate Ford above a Fergie!

[James] <snip>  "You are correct that I read my email and reply, based on my schedule, to some of it. John Maddock and I had had a discussion in the old Ford-Ferguson subgroup..." <snip>