[AT] Ford Motives

Thomas Martin tmartin at xtra.co.nz
Thu Feb 6 12:36:19 PST 2020

Hi James
What is you fixation with Ford & Ferguson fueled by?
It's that there seems to be no rhyme nor reason in your
approach to the subject, you jump from one to another subject
to another, obviously depending on what you come across on the 'net.

John Lawton, a veteran reporter, when addressing a broadcasting
journalism conference in 1995, said: "The irony of the Information
Age is how it has given respectability to uninformed opinion."

"The Ferguson System regulated flow of hydraulic fluid into the
pump inlet. When I was working with hydraulic pumps that was a big no-no."

You've made quite a few questionable statements recently which have
left my tongue rather scarred. That one I can't let go.
Obviously you have no idea of the type of pump fitted to a Ferguson
of the day. Gear pumps when throttled, induce cavitation.
However the Ferguson had a double sided piston pump arranged around an
eccentric mounted on the PTO shaft. Throttling the intake just reduced
the output. The pump output, (3.3gpm(imp), was one of the weaknesses of
Ferguson, when fitting external hydraulic equipment, especially when compared
with DB with 5+ GPM.

Tom