[AT] OT NZ emigration was David Brown

gdotsly at watchtv.net gdotsly at watchtv.net
Mon Feb 3 03:10:56 PST 2020

James

Please tell us why you think you have to get so far off list?  Been
reading your trivia for the last few months and have not not ever used my
delete so much. Why do you feel you have to monopolize the list with your
self serving rantings.

                Gene Dotson long time list member who no longer owns a
Case 320 dozer.

On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 04:04:01 +0000, James Peck <jamesgpeck at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> What would lure a New Zealander to Canada? The southernmost point in
> Canada is not that far away from where I live. Canada is having its own
> issues with losing manufacturing industry.
>
> When I moved to greater Detroit 20 years ago, Windsor, Ontario, had the
> worlds biggest concentration of automotive related stamping and was
> booming. Much less automotive now.
>
> In the eighties the then governor of Ohio was talking up building a
bridge
> across Lake Erie into Canada. Seemed ridiculous at the time but I think
now
> he was dead on. They built a bridge on concrete piers across Maumee Bay
> that works great. The swamp on the US side really has delayed building
of
> the Canadian financed new bridge from Windsor to Detroit. US bound
bridge
> traffic backs up for miles through Windsor.
>
> A Canadian co-worker a few years back told of working in the oil
industry
> on the Canadian side of the North Dakota Saskatchewan line. Some back
roads
> there went back and forth across the border with no border controls. He
> left due to work permit issues.
>
> A Canadian engineer who struck me as a little arrogant did some robot
> welding cell speedup work where I worked in Detroit . Two robots
collided.
> I was told to investigate and sure enough it was his error. He was sent
> plants in Kentucky and Tennessee. Apparently more of the same was needed
> there. He was driving drunk one night and didn't stop right away when
the
> cars with the flashing lights started to chase him. He maybe did not
speak
> to the pursuers politely because he was allegedly given some of the
Rodney